Saturday, December 22, 2012

VMware View - the display protocol for this desktop is currently not available

This one drove me crazy and it also drove VMware support insane for about 6 hours as well.
When trying to connect to a VMware View desktop you receive this message "the display protocol for this desktop is currently not available" from the client. I tried all sorts of stuff and so did VMware support.
The bottom line is the problem was the View Agent version on the virtual machine DO NOT USE version 5.1.2 View Agent. Back it out to version 5.1.1. If you do this you will save yourself a lot of time and pain.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks dude, you saved me going through the same ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. having the same problem with 5.1.3...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having same issue with 5.3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same issue with version 6.0.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too with 6.0.1.2 I guess this isn't being addressed or has a lot of causes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too with 6.0.1.2 I guess this isn't being addressed or has a lot of causes.

    ReplyDelete