Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"The operation is not allowed in the current state of the host"

You receive this Error below withing VCenter when trying to either create a snapshot, run a backup or start a VM, etc.
"The operation is not allowed in the current state of the host"

Resolution in the order that I used to resolve it
Disabled HA and DRS- same issue
Restart VCenter - same issue
Disconnect Hosts and then ReConnect - same issue
Disable Auto Start and Shutdown of Hosts- same issue
Login to the hosts with a Putty SSH connection
Type in Services.sh restart- This resolved the issue
I think that a restart of the hosts would have resolved the issue as well

I then Enabled the Auto Start and Shutdown of Hosts. I also verified that I could take another VM Snapshot, start a VM, etc..
I also ran a successful VM backup which also takes a snapshot of the VM before the backup

5 comments:

  1. This worked for me too, however it's case-sensitive so the command is actually:

    services.sh restart

    Just in case someone tries to copy/paste.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please extend them a little from next time?..Keep this great work..

    Web development company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being new to the blogging world I feel like there is still so much to learn. Your tips helped to clarify a few things for me as well as giving..


    SEO Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really amazing that we can record what our visitors do on our site. Thanks for sharing this awesome guide. I’m happy that I came across with your site this article is on point,thanks again and have a great day. Keep update more information..

    Mobile App Development Company in India

    ReplyDelete