Friday, April 13, 2018

VMRC console has disconnected attempting to reconnect


I received this error below today while attempting to open the Console of a VM with VMware VSphere 5.5 Client.
The VMRC console has disconnected attempting to reconnect

I have seen this issue before so I decided to post the resolution this time.
Close all of the VMware vSphere Clients that you have running on your machine. Then open Task Manager and make sure all processes with the vmware-vmrc.exe and vpxclient.exe are not running. If they close all of those processes. Note: you may have several of these tasks running. In my case I was using the VCenter server as my client and it had several clients open in the background that was causing my issue.

One more thing if all fails above you may also need to reboot the machine you are using as a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment